Our OpenUp and iPractice ventures help people become and stay mentally and physically healthy. We continuously develop our practice and online platform for mental well-being. Users can start directly with various online programs and connect face to face with a psychologist. All programs are evidence-based, result-oriented and short and sweet. Sustainable results come from daily practice and users are supported by an accessible system and network of psychologists. We offer our services all over Europe, in various languages. We help hundreds of people every day and the number of users is growing fast.
Who we are
At OpenUp, we are on a mission to make mental well-being accessible to everyone. We provide companies and their employees with comprehensive mental well-being support through our innovative OpenUp platform. Our services include health checks, self-help programs, group and 1-on1 sessions, webinars, mindfulness training and access to a team of psychologists. As a rapidly growing company, we are already assisting over 1000+ international organizations and aim to become the leading mental well-being partner in Europe.
iPractice, a pioneering healthcare institution in a traditional landscape, is also part of the OpenUp Group. Together with OpenUp, iPractice shares the common goal of revolutionizing mental well-being and ensuring its accessibility to a wide range of individuals. By combining their innovative approaches and expertise, iPractice and OpenUp strive to make a positive impact on mental well-being and contribute to the overall improvement of mental well-being services.
About the role
As a Legal Counsel at OpenUp, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission by ensuring legal compliance and providing expert guidance. With your legal expertise, you will be responsible for a wide range of legal matters and initiatives. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
OpenUp’s Legal Counsel will:
- Own the overall legal function with a primary focus on drafting and executing commercial contracts and agreements, while also owning and coordinating all other legal activities related to various areas such as privacy and data protection, employment, healthcare, contract management and matters involving the board of directors and shareholders.
- Enable commercial success by partnering with the sales teams to reduce legal hurdles to close business.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders to provide legal guidance and support.
- Develop policies and processes that organize all company legal activities, and appropriately balance supporting rapid business growth against minimizing risks.
- Monitor changes in relevant laws and regulations to ensure compliance and recommend necessary actions.
- Manage relationships with external legal advisors as needed to solve technical legal issues.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Legal Counsel who shares our passion for making a positive impact in mental well-being. The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Law degree from a Dutch university.
- High level of relevant expertise in the field, which is evidenced by several years (>5) of legal work experience at a reputable law firm or the legal department of a large corporation.
- Experience in reviewing and drafting (commercial) contracts and legal documents.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and pragmatic approach and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Affinity and interest in technology and artificial intelligence and excited to work with such technologies.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
What You Get
OpenUp offers a dynamic and inclusive work environment where your skills and expertise will contribute to meaningful change in mental well-being accessibility. As part of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from the office or remotely.
- Daily healthy and vegetarian lunch.
- Free and unlimited access to our mindfulness courses and psychologists.
- Engaging team events and activities.
If you are passionate about mental well-being and ready to contribute to our mission, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application through our website, and we will be in touch with you soon.
At OpenUp, we embrace diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diverse team fosters creativity and innovation, which are vital to our success.